Sober Coaches And Sober Companions Who Understand
A Sober Coach or Sober Companion is an addiction professional who provides sober support to individuals as they embrace a healthy lifestyle free from alcohol, drugs, or other self-destructive behaviors. When individuals work with Bay Area Sober Companions, he or she will have a Sober Coach or Sober Companion who is a certified or registered addiction specialist and who has been in recovery for several years. Our Sober Coaches and Companions help our clients understand—in a very fundamental way—what it means to live a clean and sober life.
Whether our Sober Companions are providing 24/7 crisis intervention, accompanying clients to “high risk” events, safely monitoring the detox process, or encouraging activities that maintain sober habits, Bay Area Sober Companions helps ease the transition into a lifestyle of sobriety and recovery.
Every Client is an Individual
A Sober Companion and Sober Coach provides the appropriate level of support each client needs. Activities with Sober Companions may include:
- 24/7 crisis intervention and support
- Safe transport to and from treatment facilities
- Safe monitoring and support during the detox process
- 24-hour supervision during the first days after returning home from a detox facility
- Accompanying the client to 12-Step or other recovery program meetings
- Working with the client’s health practitioners to help them develop a healthy lifestyle
- Accompanying the client to “high risk” events, including weddings and out of town business trips
- Monitoring activities to maintain sober habits
- Supervising and managing the medication prescribed to the client
- Helping implement the personalized Recovery Plan
All of Bay Area Sober Companions team members are chosen not only for their addiction recovery expertise, but also for their deep desire to help others in a compassionate but firm way.